It’s cool in the warm season to make friends, guitar, tent and go for a weekend on the bank of a river, lake or sea. In the evening, when the coolness of fire will fall on the shore, warm-up, socialize, sing to the guitar. The heat from the fire will be enough for pleasant evening gatherings, and the sleeping bag will warm up at night in the tent. But what to do if the season is not very warm, and the night frost will make uncomfortable to rest even in the warmest sleeping bag … and if the rain or wind then the fire is not exactly scattered …You need the best camping tent heater.
Can you certainly postpone the hike until spring? No!… this is not our way! You can look for a super warm sleeping bag and hope that it will give comfort, or you can think about buying a heater for the tent.
So how do you choose the best camping tent heater?
There are several types of camping heaters, which differ in weight, size, and power and are selected according to the destination. For example, a family vacation in a camping tent assumes the presence of a powerful thermal device of great weight and size, i.e. you can’t take such a heater for hiking.
Mr. Heater F232000 MH9BX Buddy 4,000-9,000-BTU Indoor-Safe Portable Propane Radiant Heater, Red-Black
4.6 out of 5
- Steel, Plastic, Nickel
- Imported camping gear.
- 4,000- to 9,000-BTU radiant heater for spaces up to 225 square feet. Approved for indoor/outdoor use; clean-burning; nearly 100-percent efficient
- When operating the heater at altitudes over 7,000 FT above sea level the heater may shut off. Best of tent heaters.
- Auto shut-off if tipped over, if the pilot light goes out, or if detects low oxygen levels. Fuel Consumption/Burn Rate (Gal/Hr) at 4000 BTU = 0.044 Gal/Hr, at 9000 BTU = 0.099 Gal/Hr
- Fold-down handle; swivel-out regulator; connects to propane tank (not included); Run Time (Hrs at Max BTU): 3 Hours. Best camping tent heater.
- THE USE OF UN-AUTHORIZED ACCESSORIES/ATTACHMENTS WITH THIS HEATER ARE EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED, MAY CAUSE SERIOUS INJURY, AND WILL VOID THE WARRANTY.
For hiking, on the contrary, you’ll need a lightweight, compact, and easy-to-use device.
Types of portable heaters for hiking:
Gas heaters ( propane / butane ) Recently, such devices have become very popular among tourists because of their compact and multifunctionality. In addition, a travel gas burner is not only heating but also cooking.
Electric powered ( battery / solar ) Very easily operated and safe.
Kerosene burners. Due to its relatively low cost and availability of fuel, this type of travel heater is very popular among tourists.
Woodburning stove. They are mainly used for heating tents in very low temperatures (mountaineering, mountain hiking).
Each of the methods has its own features and conditions of application, so the choice must take into account the air temperature, time planned to spend in nature, as well as the size and design of the tents, for example, how well it is organized ventilation.
In conditions of severe cold, not all models will function well, if you are going on a hike in the fierce frost, pay attention to the temperature operating mode declared by the manufacturer.
Once in autumn we decided to spend a weekend on the small island in the middle of a huge lake, we did not plan to return home for the night, and given the unpredictable weather at this time of year, we decided in advance to buy a warmer in case of cold. Taking into account the fact that we had not planned a hike in winter and live in the north, we settled on a compact, easy-to-use machine, which, among other things, could provide us with food preparation in case we fail to build a fire.
Our weekend passed just fine, we were lucky with the weather, we started the fire and we didn’t have to cook food on the heater. However, the night was cold enough, the tent was uncomfortable and then we remembered our new purchase – a heater. Our new friend showed himself very well, we had no problems with the connection, the tent heated up in a few minutes.
4.4 out of 5
- Indoor-safe portable propane heater for rooms up to 95 square feet. THIS UNIT IS NOT INTENDED FOR GOLF CART USE OR FOR MOTORIZED VEHICLES.
- Continuous odor-free, 45-degree heating angle. Maximum Elevation (Ft) 7000 Feet. Automatic low oxygen shut-off system (ODS)
- Simple on/off buttons; uses 1-pound disposable propane cylinder (not included). Run time at minimum BTU and maximum BTU is 5.6 hours. Do not operate heater in any moving vehicle. This heater requires a vent area of 4 square inches minimum for adequate ventilation during operation. For the best tent.
- Low-oxygen sensor and accidental tip-over switch with auto shut-off for safety. THE USE OF UN-AUTHORIZED ACCESSORIES/ATTACHMENTS WITH THIS HEATER ARE EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED, MAY CAUSE SERIOUS INJURY, AND WILL VOID THE WARRANTY.
- Recommended for emergency heat, tents, campers, workshops, job sites, porches, patios, decks, garages, storage buildings, picnics, tailgate parties, construction trailers, sporting events, barns, sheds, hunting blinds, shelters and ice fishing shanties
- Best tent heaters.
- Safety features. Portable heater.
GiveBest Portable Electric Space Heater, 1500W/750W ETL Certified Ceramic Heater with Thermostat, Heat Up 200 sq. Ft in Minutes, Safe & Quiet for Office Room Desk Indoor Use (Sliver)
4.4 out of 5
- 【Easy Control Heater】Adjust the knob on the right to turn the unit on. “I” is for producing heat at 750 watts, “II” will produce heat faster and hotter at 1500 watts, and ”Fan” will blow out cool air. Then turn the thermostat knob on the left toward the + sign. The adjustable temperature range is 0℉-158℉. It will get the heater to cycle on and off according to if the room’s temperature reaching the heater’s setting temperature
- 【Energy Efficient Heater】With PTC ceramic heating tech and high-speed fan, this heater put out tons of heater to heat up 200sq.Ft in seconds. Helps to save electric bills by heating up needed small spaces instead of heating the whole house with other centralized heaters. It’s quiet enough to use in a bedroom while sleeping
- 【Portable Mini Heater】Dimensions: 6.2″ x 7″ x 9.2″, 3.2 pounds lightweight mini heater easy to carry around with the handle. This 120V heater has six feet long cord and 2 prong connection fits for indoor use such as office, room, desk, home, bedroom
- 【Safe Room Heater】The heater is made of flame retardant material to achieve zero fire hazard. Tip-over protection shut off the heater when it’s knocked over, perfect for houses have kids and pets. Overheat protection will shut the heater off automatically when the heater overheat
- 【Durable Heater】Manufacturer warranty for 1 year from date of purchase for this ETL Certified heater
4.4 out of 5
4.4 out of 5
- 4, 000, 9, 000, or 18, 000 BTU per hour
- Heats up to 450 sq. ft.
- Hi-Med-Low heat settings
- Automatic low oxygen shut-off system (ODS) and accidental tip-over safety shut-off
- THE USE OF UN-AUTHORIZED ACCESSORIES/ATTACHMENTS WITH THIS HEATER ARE EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED, MAY CAUSE SERIOUS INJURY, AND WILL VOID THE.
The topic of the best camping tent brands could be useful for you as well.
Also, you can explore best tent brands on Amazon:
What are the benefits of Tent Heaters?
Whether you’re hoping to keep the inside of your tent from icing up or cooling down easily, regardless of the season, a tent heater can quickly warm you up. But what are the advantages of choosing a tent heater compared to overlaying it on large clothes?
If your main priority during the campsite is to stay comfortable, you should maintain the right temperature. After all, why freeze yourself in a tent when you can be at home by the fireplace?
An efficient tent heater can turn your camping experience from boring to comfortable. Being cold is no fun, so heat can lift your spirits.
And the more comfortable you are, the more you can enjoy the adventure. In addition, having a reliable source of heat can even make holidaymakers reluctant to join you on the way.
You may be cold, but you don’t want to start a fire. If you don’t want to cook with it, making a fire is too much work just for heat. Besides, you can’t take a roaring fire into your tent.
The solution to staying warm away from the fire is a powerful room heater. And with a tent that has enough insulation, you can keep a decent temperature throughout the evening. This means you can put out the fire when you’re done with your dinner and no longer have to worry about it until breakfast.
Problems with Health.
Being cold is embarrassing, but too cold is dangerous. For children, especially those close to freezing temperatures are simply not interesting. Add a gusty wind and everyone in your group may be unhappy before the journey is over.
Of course, children are not the only ones who benefit from a decent tent temperature. But overall, we are more concerned with the health of the children when it comes to low temperatures.
What to look for in a tent heater
Although you may be tempted to pack a wire heater that you use at home, this is not always a good idea. Tent heaters meet special camping needs, so bringing a heater from home can be not only uncomfortable but also dangerous. This is what you should look for in a tent heater.
Instead of an open-source of heat, you will need protection from the hottest parts of the heater. A grating or cover is useful for preventing burns and preventing objects from getting into heat exchangers.
Another element of heater safety is the stability of the heater. A rickety heater is more likely to fall and create a fire or an unsafe electrical environment. Also, the more the heater surface heats, the more likely it is that something will melt inside the tent. Thus, the best tent heater is stable, safe, and can pack a convenient blow.
Although you can use a removable heater, if you have outlets available at your campsite, more remote campsites don’t often have such amenities. A portable heater with a cord will do for some people, but not for those who are trying to camp more vigorously or perhaps offline.
However, a portable heater that runs wirelessly and uses propane or another heat source can work almost anywhere. Consider the convenience depending on where you will be camping and how you will get your power.
While wireless heaters are often more portable than those that require sockets, this is not what we mean by mobile here. For a tent heater to be truly portable, it has to be maneuverable.
In general, the best tent heater will have a handle or surface to carry it from a heat source. This way you can move it inside your tent or easily remove it if it gets too hot or a dangerous situation arises.
Power And Heat
Choosing a tent heater is similar to choosing a domestic heater in the sense that you should only buy what you need. For example, you may not need a tent heater that can heat 200 square feet if your tent is only 10 × 10.
A heater that is too large will only overheat your tent and may cause things to melt. It can even lead to a fire if you have it at full power. Most manufacturers specify a BTU rating along with recommendations for square meters that you can heat with each model.
This can help you determine how much heat you need for your tent interior.